I don't know about you guys but I find myself wanting to download YouTube videos (mostly those really cool Music videos like the new Jennifer Lopez ft Pitbull - On the Floor) Or just get that really funny video that just makes you laugh like the Baby Panda sneezing.
A lot of things changes from Windows to Mac, the main change is the type of software or programs you can install for it. On Windows I used AnyVideo Converter to download and convert the video to popular formats such as mp4 or mp3. I kept on doing research and started using different search engines to get the best App to get YouTube videos for Mac.
Yes I know that you can go to various websites where it can do it for you, but those sites are useless. They have restrictions to download VEVO videos and sometimes those sites are down so getting a standalone App will be the best option.
Unfortunately I have not come across a reliable App that does the downloading and converting of the video at once. But this App is worth getting if it means downloading any video on YouTube with out any restrictions. The iSkysoft Free video downloader and you can also get the iSkysoft Media converter from them as well. These Apps are reliable, as I have already downloaded and converted 30 YouTube videos in a matter of 2 hours.
What do you need
1. Firstly you need to have a Mac :) with OS X 10.5 and up
2. Download the Free Video Downloader from iSkysoft here. Unfortunately it is not available for Windows as yet but it might be in future. You can also buy their iTube Studio for Mac and download videos from other sites such as Facebook, Metacafe etc.
3. And optional get a Media Converter to convert the YouTube videos to other formats.
How to get the YouTube videos
1. Download and Install the Free Video Downloader from iSkysoft.
2. Open up Safari and type in youtube.com Start searching for videos that you want. Once the video has loaded, move your pointer on the video and a grey Download button will appear on the top left corner of the video frame. This does not work in FireFox or any other browser atm.