Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Help I damaged the USB on my router !
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Help I damaged the USB on my router !
Tim
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Help I damaged the USB on my router ! 2 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
USB connectors are great devices but they can at times be how can I put it a little delicate so you do have to treat them with care.
A recent post revealed that someone had damaged the USB connector on his router that he used for data transferring.

Another reader suggest going for a warranty replaement which I agreed with but then I added on a bit more advice which applies to any USB device:
I agree with Sajunky go the warranty route first especially as it is less than a month old. Repairing a USB port can be difficult at best.
Just a tip: I know that we all do tend to just thrust our USB connectors into the devices and it can be easy to damage the female and the male portion of the connection. If you are going to be removing it frequently, why not get a USB extender cable and leve that plugged into the router and then connect the USB device to the cable. In the event of damage you are only replacing a cable and not a router. I would not recommend an expander port though as you do loose signal speed without booster power.
Anywho I wish you well in getting it fixed

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

Member Login