Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Help my ISP is limiting my connectivity
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Help my ISP is limiting my connectivity
Tim
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Help my ISP is limiting my connectivity 1 Year, 9 Months ago Karma: 1
With physical higher broadband speeds becoming available terrestrially, there will soon be a new constraint and that is the ISP. Your contract with an ISP does determine how much information you can download and upload. If you had a 1MB line then you would sign up for a 1MB package from the ISP. There would be no point in paying for a 4MB package. Now with dramatically increased speeds the ISP may become the constraining factor.
This was the case recently that I cam across. Their router was showing 22MB connectivity for download and the ISP under speed test was showing download at 3.5MB on a 4BM ISP contract (which is not bad). Loads of people replied much the same as I did.

I agree with what has been said before regarding the physical connection and the download achieved. Nothing to complain about there. It does remind me though that it is good practise to run speed tests occasionaly especially as ADSL upgrades are rolling out at the moment. It may also be a good idea to re-boot your router every few days so that if the line has been updated you can get the benefit of it. Anywho your ISP is going to limit you to the bandwidth that you are contracted for. Warmest regards Tim

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

Member Login