I’ve been greatly disappointed in rubybox – you only need to read my previous box-related posts to know. After another unauthorised debit at the end of February (which finally was refunded today), I received a box, which I was asked to keep for all the trouble I’ve been through. And well, I can honestly say not subscribing to them has not made my life any worse.
Rattling around at the bottom of a box void of any packaging other than a scrunch of tissue paper, there was:
* A little pot of Bee Natural Rich Hydrating Face Balm (resembling Vaseline more than anything else, and at R89.90 for 30ml anything but luxury – rubybox’s claim to fame)
* Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara (nice to keep in your handbag)
* Prada Infusion d’Iris (perfume samples are my bane)
* Incoco Dry Nail Appliqué (I’d have liked this if it weren’t in a metallic shade of cougar pink)
* 25% discount voucher at Zando (love their stuff, but even at discount it’s completely outside my price range)
I gave almost everything in the box away. I could not believe that rubybox thought that box was worth the R100 and the expectation their subscribers have every month. I can’t seem to find much feedback on their Facebook page, but I’m sure that even die-hard fans of theirs are a bit disappointed what this month offers.
Their limited edition collection looks great, but I can really not be compelled to spend money on it – the risk of another rattling disappointment is too great.