Unfortunately this is for iDevices only and you don't need to Jailbreak your iDevice at all.
1. A US or UK iTunes account
2. An iDevice running the latest firmware and
3. Internet (At least 2Mbps or more)
Why should I do this when I can download the episodes or movies and put it on my iDevice?
Well Mr. Smarty Pants, this method doesn't take up any storage on your iDevice. When you have that 20Gigs of tv and movie rentals from iTunes, I have no storage space taken at all, except for the Apps which is like 3MB or 5MB.
Why do I need a foreign iTunes account?
Well the only way to get the Apps is by having a foreign iTunes account, I recommend US or UK because they do have the best free TV or movie Apps.
Why do I need the latest firmware? (I don't have a newer iDevice)
Unfortunately the latest firmware iOS 5 or more can handle the processing of these apps. So you do need a newer iDevice that can take this firmware otherwise you can try forcing the new firmware by other means but it will lag.
Do I need to sign up for a TV service or something of the sort?
NO. You don't need to register or sign up for anything like that. There is a downfall, you need to just bear the 1 or 2 minute ad's and to sign up for a VPN service. But hey you get to watch the latest Modern Family episodes which is a big up.
What is VPN?
Gosh your a newbie! But a VPN is a Virtual Private Network where you can share Media or Internet with users who you allow to access it.
Why do I need a VPN?
Well in order for you to watch these Free goodies, you will have to show that your living in the designated country. A VPN can allow this to show a fake IP in order to access sites, media, etc. You can use other means on your computers but the only way on your iDevice is to have a VPN service up and running.
Show me what to do:
If you don't have a foreign iTunes account, please follow my previous post on getting one, here. I will be using Crackle and ABC player in this tutorial but you are more than welcome to get your desired TV or Movie Apps you want.
1. Open up iTunes and search for Crackle and ABC player. Download and install them on your iDevice. (I will be using my iPad for this.) Please note that Crackle will work on any iDevice but ABC player will only work on the iPad.
2. There are unfortunately no more free reliable VPN services I know of like superfreevpn.com. They closed down but they were really good. Our alternative is the VPN Express App from iTunes. It gives you a free 300MB data once you register so let's give that a go.
Search for VPN express on iTunes and download and install it on your iDevice.
3. Try opening Crackle or ABC player on your iDevice, does it say "Your not in the designated country to access this media"? (Or something along the lines) Well I did say we need to show a fake IP address so lets get our VPN running!
4. Open up the VPN express app and register with them. It took me 3 mins to register so it's really simple. No confirmation is needed, just a sign up.
5. In the VPN app, go to User Manual at the bottom. You can choose the VPN auto setup or do the manual way. I will be doing it manual. All the setup information is on the user manual page as seen below. But you do need your own username and password.
6. Once you have your VPN setup, select it and switch it on. You should see a VPN icon at the top left. Which means you are connected to the network. Try opening the Crackle or ABC player app now and you should see their home pages!
Now you can watch free tv episodes or movies! But remember you only have 300MB so update your data through the VPN app or find a cheaper VPN online!