10 Quick Ways to Save Electricity
- For crying out loud, it's raining outside - turn off the aircon.
- Go home and read a book.
- Throw away your television. (This will save your life too)
- Try out a raw food only diet
- Throw stones at street lamps so the municipality has an excuse to replace the bulbs with CFL bulbs.
- Buy a sheep to mow the lawn.
- Charge your cellphone in the car or use a wind-up cellphone charger.
- Implement Daylight Savings Time - a newly introduced change in DST in the USA is saving them an extra 3 billion kilowatt hours.
- Use a towel, not a hairdryer, to dry your hair.
- Get to know electricity better - Here is what 1 kilowatt-hour can allow you to do:
1200 electric shaves (> 3 years) or
slice 100 breads or
dry your hair 15 times or
4 TV evenings (!!!) or
listen to 15 CDs or
use a small refrigerator for 24 hours or
20 microwave meals or
drill 250 holes or
4 evenings of light with 60 W incandescent lamps or
20 evenings of light with 11 W compact fluorescent light.
Tags: power, kwh, saving, electricity, loadshedding, save